Friday, December 31, 2010

Good Riddance, 2010! Happy New Year!

It seems that all the people I talk to have the same sentiments: 2010 sucked! Such awful things happened to me and others around me, it just makes me want to scream! AAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Nope. That didn't help. I still hate 2010. If I had a cartoon I could put up, it would be a charicature of me, with a maniacal look, chopping 2010 to leetle beety pieces with an ax.

I am determined that 2011 will be the my year to really knock it out of the park into a whole different realm.

My biggest regret this evening is that I won't get to start the year with a kiss. Oh well. I haven't done that in 41 years, I suppose one more year won't kill me.

Every year, I'm looking to find a theme. Like the year I learned hypnosis, my theme was "Gentle Change". This year, my theme is inspired by one of my favorite cartoon moments: "Kick It! 2011"!

2 comments:

  1. Really, who liked 2010?

    With the exception of one job development, it was a hard year. Dare I say, an unnecessarily hard year? The few who prospered sent the rest of us into hell, some more deeply than others.

    This year, Madame Zelda advises workarounds instead of vengeance, following the wisdom of choosing battles we can win. She also sees improved fortunes in finance and career for her friends. Alas, toward the later half, weather plays a weird role, bringing another potentially Katrina or Pakistan-sized disaster?

    2012 will require regular trips to the liquor store, but in my host's case, he'll have welcome company in the soju aisle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both our families, yours and mine, took huge drubbings. Thank goodness for swimming! If it wasn't for those trips, I don't know how I would have coped.

    Madam Zelda has interesting skills of prognostication. I'll trust in her foresight while wearing a rain jacket.

    ReplyDelete