Thursday, December 9, 2010

2012: A Time For Change

A few months ago, when I was still in Seattle, I saw a movie by Daniel Pinchbeck called "2012: A Time For Change" which introduced a sliver of hope into my life regarding the evolution of human consciousness and the future of the Earth. This isn't a movie that will be readily accepted by the mainstream masses because he promotes many things that are currently rejected wholesale by our culture. However, if you know where he is coming from, it's a breath of fresh air. I highly recommend seeing this if it comes to your town.

Daniel has his own blog. You can get there by following the link in his name. There is also the website called "Evolver", which may interest you. "Evolver" is more about connecting people that have these similar interests in alternative energy, environmentalism, shamanism, and many, many more subjects. It may sound like a mish-mash but I guarantee that these movements have more in common than even most of their followers may realize.

1 comment:

  1. Before I put on a sweater and become positive Betty for the day (and that's a stretch, because I wake up at 2 pm), here's another negative stone on the fire:

    http://www.americablog.com/2010/12/federal-judge-finds-individual-mandate.html

    We talked about this months ago, and I think we both predicted this ruling. It's not over, but it highlights two things: more ammunition for the players who will continue to cut and lobby for health care as a privilege, and Obama's compromises as executive weakness. Talk me down, tell me I'm wrong, that we have examples in recent history of this Centrist way as a unlikely yet powerful tool in bringing change.

    ReplyDelete