Saturday, December 11, 2010

Do You Feel Stuck In Your Life?

My good friend, Bridget McKenna, appears as a guest blogger at Hypnosis 101, writing about "nominalizations" from the standpoint of a neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) practitioner. A very talented writer and NLP Master, she has explained this potentially complicated topic in a manner everyone can understand.

NLP is a way of examining how language becomes the structure of our lives and alternately enhances or inhibits us. That's a really hack way of explaining it; I do the best I can.

"Nominalization" is when a verb becomes a noun through a form of mistaken identity. Then, you begin to accept this as part of your own identity. We can become stuck when this happens. NLP can help to review and readjust our thinking in regards to these nominalizations, waking us up to potential that we may have forgotten over time. Bridgette explains it much better than I do.

I hope you enjoy her article as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment